If you have changed your MIS to Bromcom but not advised IRIS ParentMail, please contact our support team before you set up the link to ensure duplicate records are not imported.
The Bromcom MIS Link automatically transfers parent, student and staff information from Bromcom into IRIS ParentMail.
When you have set up your link between Bromcom and IRIS ParentMail, any new data or changes to existing data are imported daily.
The Bromcom autolink does not update contact information, i.e., mobile number, email address if the contact is connected on IRIS ParentMail. Contacts need to update their own details in the app. For more information, please see How to - Run the Verified User Changes Report.
The following information is imported from Bromcom to IRIS ParentMail:
Only current student details are imported.
Contacts are only imported if Parental Responsibility is selected.
Set Up the Bromcom Link
If you are using a Bromcom MIS Link, you must contact our support team before attempting the set up process so the required authentication code can be issued.
- Go to https://irisde.t-cg.co.uk/.
- Enter Your Details on the Setting up an automatic transfer page, select I'm not a robot, then click Continue.
Your name - enter your full name.
Your position - enter your job title.
Your email address - enter the email address to which you want notifications to be sent.
Authentication code - enter the code received from the email sent from our support team.
- Select Bromcom from the Please follow the instructions below for your MIS: list, then click to download the Third party access instructions document.
- Follow the Third party access instructions to set up permissions and access between Bromcom and IRIS ParentMail.
- When Bromcom to IRIS ParentMail access has been configured, enter the following details, then click Send.
Your access URL - enter the Bromcom access URL.
Bromcom Id - enter the Third Party Access Account user ID for Bromcom.
Bromcom Username - enter the Third Party Access Account username for Bromcom.
Bromcom Password - enter the Third Party Access Account password for Bromcom.
- Log in to IRIS ParentMail, click Settings, then select MIS Link from the left-hand menu.
- Select MIS Link from MIS Link drop-down list, then click Save.
You are unable to change the MIS Link type once saved. If you have selected the wrong link type, please contact our Support Team to reset the MIS link.
- Click Enable Autolink from the API Key section.
- The generate api key message is displayed. Click Yes to generate an API key.
- When you have generated an API key, please contact our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or using Live Chat who can confirm successful completion of enabling your Bromcom link.
If there were any problems connecting your Bromcom to IRIS ParentMail, our support team can advise and provided further guidance.
View Bromcom Data in IRIS ParentMail
In IRIS ParentMail you can view the data that has been imported using your Bromcom autolink. Import details are displayed with date/time stamps.
- Click Imports, then select Imports from the left-hand menu.
- Select the import file for which you want to view the details from the imports list.
Alternatively, you can view import status details from the Your Alerts section on the dashboard.
If you are unable to view the imported record or suspect that information has not been imported correctly, it could be for many reasons. The following are common reasons why data or changes have not been imported successfully:
|Student information has not been imported||
|Contact information has not been imported||
|Staff information has not been imported||
View Rejected Records
If IRIS ParentMail is unable to import some or all of the data from your Bromcom link, a rejected records report is created. For example, if a parent record already exists in IRIS ParentMail.
- Click Imports, then select Imports.
- Select the report with the date for which you want to view the rejected records from the reports list.
- Click CSV for the Rejected Records Report.
The Status and Reason for the rejection are displayed in the report.
For further information about the Rejected Records Report, please see Understanding the Parents and Students Rejected Records Report, Understanding the Staff Rejected Records Report or Understanding PEM Rejected Records Reports.
Delete Bromcom Data in IRIS ParentMail
You can only import data from Bromcom to add to or edit existing records. If you have removed the data from Bromcom the changes are not imported into IRIS ParentMail therefore need to be deleted manually.
You can either remove multiple users, for example, if you have a year group that have left, or you can remove individual users from their account. For more information, please see How to - Remove Leavers (Students, Contacts or Both).