If you have changed your MIS to ScholarPack but not advised IRIS ParentMail, please contact our support team before you set up the link to ensure duplicate records are not imported.
ScholarPack have developed a new set of APIs and have confirmed they are discontinuing support for
their existing APIs from 17th February 2022.
If your school is currently using the SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) API, you need to move all schools over to the new REST (Representational state transfer) API before the 11th February 2022. For more information and help moving your link details, please see https://support.scholarpack.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001293911-API-Configuration.
What does this mean for our school?
Your IRIS ParentMail and ScholarPack autolink needs to be reconfigured to link to the new APIs to ensure your automatic MIS link continues working after 17th February 2022. If you do not update the APIs, you will no longer have a link to automatically bring your student, parent, and staff data into IRIS ParentMail.
How will IRIS ParentMail support the new REST API with Scholarpack?
IRIS ParentMail has built a wizard that is compatible with the new ScholarPack APIs, which will take you through each step to configure your system. Updating the API will give your school peace of mind that your MIS link will be uninterrupted once ScholarPack discontinue support for their old APIs.
What you need to do
- Contact IRIS ParentMail on live chat or by email email@example.com, so we can reset IDs and remove the old ScholarPack link or other MIS link.
- Check ScholarPack to ensure that every child has at least one parent with parental responsibility. Any students that do not have a parent with parental responsibility are not imported therefore need to be manually added or rolled up in IRIS ParentMail. For more information, please see How to - Add a User to ParentMail or Summer Roll Up Process.
- Ensure your IRIS ParentMail data matches ScholarPack so the student details merge based on first name, last name, and date of birth. Select Reports > General Reports > Student Parent Export from the IRIS ParentMail left-hand menu, then use the report to compare the data to the data you want to import from ScholarPack. IRIS ParentMail imports the legal forename and legal surname from ScholarPack therefore it is important the details are the same in both systems.
- When you have checked your data, contact our support team via live chat or email. The support team will send you a link to the ScholarPack wizard.
- Enter the ScholarPack wizard link in your browser. The IRIS Data Extractor page is displayed with the details of the school for which you are registering. Check the details of the school for which you are registering are correct, then click Register.
If the school details are incorrect, please contact our support team who can provide a link for the correct details.
- Enter your ScholarPack Username, Password, and School URL, click I'm not a robot, then click Login.
- Click Confirm on the Data Authroisation Request window to allow IRIS ParentMail to access the data.
ScholarPack imports all data for the displayed permissions. If you do not want to import all the data displayed, please contact our support team.
- In IRIS ParentMail, select Settings > MIS link, then select MIS Link from the drop-down list.
You are unable to change the MIS Link type once saved. If you have selected the wrong link type, please contact our Support Team to reset the MIS link.
- Click Enable Autolink from the API Key section.
- The generate api key message is displayed. Click Yes to generate an API key.
- When you have generated an API key, please contact our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or using Live Chat who can confirm successful completion of enabling your ScholarPack link.
- The data will be imported into your IRIS ParentMail. You can check this by selecting Imports > Imports from the menu.