These instructions should be followed if you are importing your student and parent data from Arbor. If you have recently changed MIS to Arbor, please see FAQ - We have changed MIS - what should we do? before you import data into ParentMail.
Click here to find full details of the import process on Arbor's website.
- To import from Arbor, download the applicable report (click the attachments at the bottom of the article) and save the file on your computer until it's needed in the next steps.
- Log in to Arbor and select School > Custom report writer from the top menu. The Custom Report Writer page is displayed.
- Click the Create New Report button, scroll down then click the Import a report.
- The Import Custom Report dialog is displayed. Click the Browser button then locate the report file you previously saved on your computer. Click the Upload button.
- Your import is now prepared for ParentMail. Download the file in .CSV format by clicking the Download button.
- Open the file in Excel and save as a csv.
- Select Imports > Create Import from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Select CSV import file button. Locate the previously saved CSV file then click the Open button.
- The file is displayed adjacent to the Select CSV import file button. Click the Queue Import button. A success message is displayed to advise that the file has been successfully queued for importing.
- Once you have imported your data, the system will produce a rejected records report showing all the anomalies of data that could not be imported, with the reasons why. For more information, please see Parents and Students Rejected Records Report and Staff Rejected Records Report.
If you require assistance with the import from Arbor, please contact them directly.