Before you run any SIMS reports, you will need to ensure the correct permissions are assigned to the relevant SIMS user(s) who will be responsible for running and exporting your school data.
- Login to SIMS.
- Select Focus > System Manager > Manage Users from the menu bar.If you are unable to see this option in your list, this means you do not have System Manager permissions. Please login to SIMS from a SIMS user who has System Manager permissions.
- Search for the applicable SIMS user then click Enter.If you are unable to view your record here, change the ‘Role’ from Employee to Any and click Enter.
- Double click the required user to display their record. Select the 3. Groups tab and check for the three required permissions: Admin Assistant (for student and parent details), Third Party Reporter (for ID's) and Personnel Officer (for staff details).
- If you are missing any of the required permissions, click the Add icon on the right-hand side to display the Select Groups dialog.
- Select the missing permissions to highlight them then click the OK button.
- Click the Save button on the toolbar.
- Finally, you will need to log out of SIMS and log back in for the changes to take effect. You can then continue to run the reports you need.