Do not use this process if you have the Integris Cloudlink installed as this will result in duplicated data. If you are unsure, please select Imports > Import from the left-hand menu and check for any Cloudlink imports. If none are listed, the instructions in this article can be followed.
It is highly recommended that the Integris Cloudlink is installed to automatically synchronise data overnight and prevent the need for a manual import. The Cloudlink also allows staff members to be added automatically from Integris. Please see this article for more information.
These instructions should be followed if you are importing your student and parent data from Integris or if you need to view what data has been imported into ParentMail.
This article contains
Create an ad hoc report
- Log on to Integris and select the Reports > Ad hoc Reporting-Simple.
- Select Ad hoc Reports Manager from the left-hand side.
- Click on the Plus icon to create a new report.
- Enter a report name in the Name field e.g. ParentMail Import.
- Provide a Description such as ParentMail Import.
- Type as Student.
- Select the applicable radio button in the Security section depending on whether you want to share this report or not.
- Select Export as the Report Style then click the Next button.
- You now need to select the required Data Items by holding down the Ctrl on your keyboard and clicking each required item in the order listed below:
PG1: Email address
PG1: Mobile Number
PG1: Parental Responsibility
The following data items can be selected if required:
PG2: Email Address
PG2: Mobile Number
- Once the required data items have been selected, click the right arrow (>) to insert the data items into the report.
- Click the Next button on the next three pages then click the Finish button on the final page to produce the report.
Running the report
- Select the Reports > Ad hoc Reports.
- Select My Ad hoc Reports from the left-hand side.
- Select the ParentMail report previously created, e.g. ParentMail Import.
- Select Class from the Select Students By drop-down list.
- Hold the Ctrl and click on the required class(es) to select them.
- Click the Generate Report button.
- The report will download to your internet browser, select Open in the File Download window.
- Select File > Save As. Change file type to All Files and then give the file a title such as. ParentMail Import.We recommend saving the file as an excel workbook.
Emailing data to ParentMail
Once produced, the data report will need to be password protected, then emailed to ParentMail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for formatting to ensure the data is in the correct format for it to be imported. Please see this article for information on how password protect your spreadsheet.Failure to follow this process will result in ParentMail permanently deleting any un-encrypted information which may delay our ability to provide support.
Once we have checked the data, we will return it to you with instructions, on how to import the data into ParentMail. When the data has imported, the system will produce a rejected records report showing any data that could not be imported, together with the reasons why. Please see the Parents and Students Rejected Records Report for more information.
If you require any assistance with this, please get in touch via Live Chat where a member of our Technical Support Team will be happy to help.