ParentMail take data security very seriously and as such, when sending personal data to our Technical Support Team, you will be asked to password protect sensitive information.Failure to follow this process will result in ParentMail permanently deleting any un-encrypted information which may delay our ability to provide support.
- From either Excel, or Word, select File > Save As. Enter a file name that clearly identifies the content.
For Excel, it is not possible to password protect CSV files, you must therefore change the file type to an Excel Workbook first. This is achieved by selecting Excel Workbook from the Save as type drop-down list.
- Select the Info link on the left-hand side then click the Protect Workbook button (for Excel) or Protect Document button (for Word).
- Select Encrypt with Password from the drop-down menu.
- The Encrypt Document dialog is displayed. Enter the required password then click the OK button.Passwords are case sensitive.
- The Confirm Password dialog is displayed. Re-enter the password then click the OK button. The workbook/document will then be marked as protected.
Keep a note of the password you have set. If you have forgotten this, you are unable to access this report again.
- Once you have completed the process, please email the file to email@example.com.Please do not include the password in any email. Contact us via Live Chat or request a callback on the email to confirm the password over the phone.