To add new report(s) to the SIMS Autolink configuration manager, please follow the instructions
This will need to be carried out on the machine that has the SIMS Autolink installed. This will be either the SIMS server or a workstation.
- Login to ParentMail.
- Select Imports > Create Import from the left-hand menu.
- The Create New Import page is displayed. Click the Downloads button and select the required report from the drop-down menu.
- The report will download to your browser and should be saved to C:\Program Files\ParentMail\SIMS AutoLink.
- Select Settings > MIS Link from the left-hand menu to display the SIMS Autolink page. The details of the report you are adding should be displayed under the Type Signatures heading.
- Open the SIMS Autolink configuration manager. In the left-hand menu, click the + symbol adjacent to the Reports tab.
- Right-click and select Add Report. Complete the fields as follows:
Type Name: Copy the name of the report from ParentMail (under Type Signatures) to the Type Name field. Please ensure there are no spaces in front or at the end of the Type Name. For example:
Type: Enter in csv (This is case sensitive. Ensure this is always in lowercase letters).
Location: Click the button on the right-hand side to find the report you have saved within: C:\Program Files\ParentMail\SIMS AutoLink.
File Name: Copy the same name of the report from ParentMail to the Type Name field. Please ensure there are no spaces in front or at the end of the Type Name. For example:
Type Signature: Copy the code signature that is beside the Report name (under Type Signatures). Please copy this exactly how it is displayed and ensure there are no spaces in front or at the end of the Type Signature. For example:
- Click File, then click Save.
- Click the School name in the left-hand menu.
- Press Sync and wait for a date and time to appear in the Last Synced field.
- Go back to Imports > Imports, to check the report is generating at the top of the list.If you have any issues with any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The system will produce a rejected records report showing all the anomalies of data that could not be imported, with the reasons why: