A parent will receive an error message when trying to register if the date of birth entered for their child at the point of registration does not match the date of birth recorded in ParentMail. The following troubleshooting options should be tried in the order displayed.
- Ask the parent to confirm if the DOB held in ParentMail matches the DOB they are entering. If not, please update ParentMail (together with your MIS system if linked) and ask them to try registering again.
- If the DOB is correct, ask them to try registering on a different device, such as a computer, iPad, phone, etc.
- If the DOB is correct, ask them to try registering using a different internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Google, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- If the previous two methods don't work, select the student record, replace the DOB with a random date, save, then edit the DOB to the correct date and save. Then send another registration request.
- If none of the previous methods work, you will need to delete the student record, then re-add, ensuring that you link the student to the parent. Resend the registration link.
You may find the following articles helpful: